1. Reference is made to Technical Circular No. 109/2020 based on DGS Order No. 23 of 2020 in respect of extension to the validity of Ship’s Statutory Certificates, Periodical Surveys and Audits in view of COVID-19 pandemic.
2. Vide above DGS Order No. 23 of 2020, Administration had granted extension to the validity of statutory certificates to ships whose statutory surveys were expiring between 1st September 2020 and 31st October 2020.
3. The Directorate, vide DGS Order No. 34 of 2020, has now decided to extend the extensions granted under DGS Order No. 23 of 2020 till 31st December 2020 subject to following modifications:
a. Docking Surveys extension will only be granted upon submission of a firm Stemming Agreement with the dry dock, other conditions remain the same as per DGS order 23 of 2020.
b. Owners sighting non-availability of BWM Management system for getting DS extension will not be granted exemption from fitment of Ballast Water Management System complying with D-2 Standards of BWM Convention, even if later on, Owners decide to operate the vessel on Indian coast.
c. No extension will be granted for Annual Surveys and Intermediate/Renewal SMC Audits/MLC Inspections unless the mail correspondence between the Owner and RO can demonstrate that due-diligence was carried out to complete these surveys/audits/inspections well in advance, that is, at-least 3-months prior to expiry date/window-range date and no RO Surveyor could board due to lock-down/travel restriction.
4. All other requirements/ conditions as per DGS Order No. 23 of 2020 remains the same.
5. Ship owners/ operators and managers of Indian flagged ships contemplating delay in carrying out mandatory periodical surveys, audits and inspections due to the COVlD-19 situation are advised to be guided by above and act accordingly.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.