- The Directorate General of Shipping, Government of India had issued Merchant Shipping Notice 09 of 2017 on implementation of the provisions of Maritime Labour Convention on the ships of less than 500 GRT, Indian River Sea Vessels covered in DGS Order 18 of 20l3 as amended, and Indian Coastal Vessels, covered in DGS Order 01 of 2014 as amended.
- The Directorate has now issued an addendum to Merchant Shipping Notice 09 of 2017 dated 25.11.2020 regarding conduct of MLC inspections on subject ships.
- The Addendum clarifies that the Intermediate MLC inspections of subject ships will be undertaken by the surveyors from Administration (MMD / DG Shipping).
- Accordingly, shipowners /managers are required to apply to the nearest MMD for conduct of Intermediate MLC inspection of subject ships in their fleet.
- Shipowners/ Managers and Masters of subject Indian ships are advised to be guided by above.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.